Wednesday 8 April 2009

A bit of this a bit of that

Hello my blogging family, hope that all is groovy with you all.

Well I was thinking the other day of updating my blog and now i can't r'ber what i said i would include :o/ LOL Never mind

I was re-tightening my locs the other day, it was getting late but i wanted to finish a section, plus i was watchin desperate housewives and i noticed a few hair strands had joined together. So i reached for the scissors to cut the strands as i couldn't undo them. Can you guess what happened?? That's right i cut my lock!!! You read that right I accidently cut my lock. I couldn't believe it.



What have a learnt from this, don't rush your re-tightening, stop when you are tired and concentrate on what you are doin. I still have the part i cut of and i was thinking of trying to sow it back on so it's not so short as i don't think I could retighten it the length it is. I haven't done it yet as i'm not sure i can see the angle properly. Apart from that there has not been much change in my locs since the last post.

I put perm rods in my hair last Thur but the curls didn't last long, more of a wave now. I did a new updo on Sunday where I pinned up both sides almost like a loc-hawk (but that was not what i was going for). I was inspired by a hair style i saw but i don't have a pic to show you. It didn't turn out how i wanted but i still think it looked nice. I will try it again when the curls are fresher.













Now O/T I recently spent 3 weeks in the Caribbean and i thought i would share some pics. I spent most of my time in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I spent 3 days in St. Lucia and I was in transit in Grenada and had a wistlestop tour. Hope you enjoy


8 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Long time no hear from, glad to know all is well!

I have cut off one of my locks by accident before so don't feel bad.

I think the style came out really nice, give yourself more credit.

Looks like you really enjoyed your stay,

Take Care

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Now this is the kind of thing I was talking about on my blog just now!!!! This is lovely!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, it seems as if your hair has grown overnight!! It looks awesome!!

Sorry about the lock that you lost. My consultant forbade me to cut ANYTHING, precisely for that reason. :)

Unknown said...

Holy cow, it seems as if your hair has grown overnight!! It looks awesome!!

Sorry about the lock that you lost. My consultant forbade me to cut ANYTHING, precisely for that reason. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo brings back memories of my trips to those islands, I plan to be in St Vincent again this June.
Denny

Anonymous said...

Your hair is growing so fast, love the lockhawk. I made that mistake as well in the early days with cutting off a lock, dont worry it will grow back.

Denny

Cashana said...

Your hair looks great. Good advice about not rushing and taking your time when retightening.

Anonymous said...

Just remember how many locs you have and cutting one won't make a difference. How did the sewing it back on go?

Love the pics! WOW!!