Thursday 6 October 2011

Whoops: Things I forgot

As promised in my previous post here is the pic of the ends of my locs that came off. The two long ones are 1.5 inches. I didnt realise they were that long :O The middle one is an inch and i didnt measure the smallest one.


As i explained in the previous post i do not know what cause the ends to become weak and come off. Initially i thought it could be poor retightening at the start, but i now realise it could not have been. My hair was never that short when it was installed, so i am at a loss. I hope it is not the start of some underlying problem and just a one off. Maybe i did not mositure is properly and it got dry and brittle. Anyway i will try to remedy it by doing some deep conditioning. Can anyone recommend a good product. Also i will make sure i will mositure the ends properly in case that is a cause. Still trying to find a product to replace the shea butter. I prefer to make my own so i am a little stumped.

I also forgot to mention that i have some baby locs. I have one at the front at the right. It has been there for a while but kept washing out. I have now sown the end and it appears to be holding. I find this technique helpful in helping the loc to form and i have done it on other ones. I did have a baby one on the left side as well but when i got retighten last it was joined to a loc. I have an unruly hairline and no matter what it always comes out and is bushy esp when i wash it. So even wen my hair has just been re-tightened it can look like it needs doing. I just accept it as my hair. Anyway there is enough to form a tiny loc, but sometimes when it is re-tighened a new loc is formed and other times she joins it with the other locs. Oh i dont know if i have mentioned before that Liz no longer re-tightens my locs. She has trained her neice to do re-tighening and she does my locs. I do not see this any different to her training me to do my own locs so i am kool with it. She has been doing it for a while now i reckon well over a year. I also have 2 new baby locs that were put in near the back on the right side. Those two are very new and i think it was formed from hair sprouting. That or i lost 2 locs but i have not noticed that so i don't think so. I also have one behind my ear on the left side. The thing with that one is that it is right where the ends of my glasses sit so it can pull. I do find it hard having random baby locs as my locs are matured i am used to doing my own thing with them and not worrying. I sometimes forget i have baby locs and they need to be treated with care.

Anyhoo i do not think i have forgotten anything else
Blessings
xx

4 comments:

Queenlocks said...

Hey girl! Happy 4 yrs!
Your braid-out looks nice, very nice! :)
I turned 4 yrs. today {my 2nd set}
and I will be adding more pics to my blog soon.
*click my name to see my blog*

Take Care~
R. Katya

Pebbles said...

After you wash and condition your locs add your favorite leave-in. To give your leave-in a boost (while your hair is still wet) wear the Hair Therapy Wrap for about 30 minutes so that the leave-in can soak in.

This technique is something I recently started doing and it seems like my hair maintains moisture better using this method. Give it a try. Plus, the Hair Therapy Wrap feels heavenly!!

Khandi said...

@ Queenlocs i shall be passing by your blog

@pebbles I did not know what hair therapy wrap was so just did a quick google search. I have a full hood dryer would that do the same job? I guess the benefits of this is that it is cordless unlike the dryer. I don't actually have a leave-in condiitoner. Hmmm maybe i should look into that along with a deep conditioner. Thx

z said...

A few of my ends had weakened too, so I just pulled them out because they were hanging on for dear life. Now some of them have turned into cute curly q's