Wednesday 22 August 2007

My Babies are in , My Journey Begins

I had my sisterlocks installed (Aug 21) WOOHOO!!

pic of my completed locs front view

My consultant Liz was nice and i had no probs. She is also really fast and we were completed with 12 hours. I am trying really hard not to keep touching them as i dont want them to slip. However its really hard not to put my fingers in it. I just love the way the ends are nice and curly although i have not done anything to them. Curly Qs i think its called

pic of completed locs left side view

It is also weird for me to get my head round that i am not to do anything with my hair jus spritz with water and go. I havent got rid of my old hair products yet but that is definately my task for 2day so i dont get tempted. I'm a lil disappointed that i cannot style my hair yet as i wanted to try rollers or a braid out. But Liz said not to manipulate it yet to decrease the chances of slippage. But freestyle is coool for now. I am just so happy to have them installed and to begin my journey. Will continue to chart my progress

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

pic of completed locs right side view


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

pic of completed locs back view. I was scared that i would have a lot of scalp showing so i am glad that i dont. Its tight esp at the bottom and so it feels itchy. I'm tying my hardest not to scratch it as i dont want to pull it out


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
gettin the locs installed. Dont know wots up with my eyes, dont watch that

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me blowing my hiar for the last time. Don't get me wrong this is not before i had my SL installed. After i took the gel twists out i still had a week before getting my SL installed. The day before i got my SL i did a hot oil treatment. I mixed olive oil with almond oil but i dont think i heated the oil enough. It was the first time i did it and did not want to burn myself and i covered my hair in cling film for 15 mins. Then I shampooed out. I was really tempted to condition it but i was told not. Also weird was not to put any products on it. It was ok when it was wet but i was worried about the next day when it had dried. But there was no probs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The gel twists i had before i got sisterlocks installed. And no they are not dreads as many ppl think although i could have left them and formed dreads

6 comments:

Abena Abena said...

Welcome to the Sisterlock Family Khandi. I look forward to following your journey.

Khandi said...

Thank you for the warm welcome

The Loc'ed BRAT said...

Lookin' Good Khandi! You hardly have any part showing. Nice, very nice

Tamara
(Mom of the Loc'ed Brat)

Maryee said...

Hey lady!!!!!! Your SLs are gorgeous!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Sisterlocks!

Unknown said...

Hey Khandi,

Well done girl. They look good! I am in the UK too and just went natural and am intent on getting Sisterlocks too. In what area is your consultant Liz based?

Khandi said...

Liz is based in North London in Enfield.