Thursday 21 February 2008

6 Months Locked WOOHOO

Wow i have been locked 6 months 2day, woohoo. The time has flown by. I havent really got that much to say right now, or it could be because i am tired. Happy that my hair is locking and I am excited about taking the class in 2 weeks time. Not much has changed with my hair since my last post or my hair routine. I spritz my hair with water with some drops of rosemary EO and sweet almond oil. I haven't conditioned my hair yet, maybe i will try it. Although my hair is locking i am still scared that there will be some slippage, so i dont want to try that yet. I will double check with Liz when i go to the class. Hmmm ok i have nothing else to say. Oh yeah on a different note my glasses broke 2day as i was cleaning them the frame just snapped. I was not impressed at all. Lucky i have contacts but i dont wear them often. Ordered 2 new pairs, it was buy one get one free, but they wont be here til next week. My hair is in need of a wash at the mo but i am waiting til 2mo after my workout. I also want to do some bantu knots for Sabbath, i'll see about posting some of those pics as well. Nothing much else to say but if i think of anything i will add it later. Although i am not convinced that people actually read the writing.


These two pics were taken last Saturday. I decided to try a little styling. I havent done this style since i had relaxed hair. I got quite a few compliments.



Comparison of my locs on day of installation to 6 months. How you think my locks are doin??

****UPDATE****

As promised here are pics of the bantu knot out that i did for church 2day (23:02:08). I got quite a few compliments for the style and i am pleased with the way it turned out. Ppl said i looked different, i am not sure want they are talking about. Maybe its cos i am not wearing my glasses. Maybe its cos my locs are curly although i have worn this style before. Maybe its bcos i decided to wear make-up. Maybe its a combination. One person said i looked about 16, which i dont see at all. How old do u think i am?





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your locks are looking good and coming into their own. Love the sytle!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog! Yes 6 months have really flown by. They have really filled in haven`t they.

Lakia said...

your locks look great and purple is your color!

Valenciajaz said...

Yes, people do read your writing. Your hair is coming along nicely so full. Please reconsider returning to LHBE. If you email Maryee she can give you feedback on what may have happened. She's a real nice sista. I'd like you to return cuz it's kinda like lock central station. It's where I frequented novice and mature blogs before taking the plunge into Lockdom. You may help another sista along the journey.

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I read your blog too! Your hair has filled in quite a bit.

Khandi said...

Thank you all for your comments and reassurance that your read my writing. Lakia, yes i do like purple it is my fav colour although i dont wear it enough. Valenciajaz i will consider contacting Maryee

Unknown said...

of course we read your blog, you silly girl. I love the bantu knots and the green eyeshadow! You go girl!

Khandi said...

Thank you although the eyeshadow was blue to match my top

SeZ said...

Congrads on being locked for six months without any major issues. Do you feel like you have hair freedom?

Khandi said...

Well yes i do feel like i have hair freedom in the sense that i just spritz and go in the morning. But as i wore my hair in braids and gel twists for the most part it doesnt feel much different. I guess the fact that i dont have to be taking out and putting back in again is the freedom. I don't really think about it, so i must be free