Tuesday 5 February 2008

Funky Grey Goo

Today i was due for a re-tight and it needed it. I was washing my hair in preparation and i noticed that i had some funky grey goo on my scalp which surprised me as i have not used any products in my hair. I was a lil worried as i didnt know what it was. I was using my JML tingle shampoo but bcos of this goo i used the IC pure tea shampoo to clarify it and then i did an ACV rinse and it appears to have gone. What is weird is that it did not look like dirt so i dunno wot is was. I did mention it to Liz and she said maybe my hair needs a good wash. Pics below but not very clear

Anyway, Liz said my hair is locking so i was happy as i didnt think it was yet. As my ends dont look like they are sealing and i still have curly qs i didnt think the process had started yet. But Liz thinks my ends will be unsealed for a while yet. And i r'ber Michelle from the meet-up ends were still unsealed after 3 yrs. But what made my smile even bigger is that she is doing a re-tightening class in March and she said that i can take it, WOOHOO!! I am a lil nervous about maintaining my hair myself but i know it will be total freedom. Liz said that my hair is comely along nicely, which is gd as i was doubting it. She also said i can more or less do what i want to do with my hair now, i can style it, condition it but i think i will hold off still for a bit. Although i may start using oils to moisturise it. So at the mo i have a silly big grin on myself and i am excited. I am 16 days shy of my 6 months locaversary. I was thinkin of puttin pics on now but i will wait til then

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi and congrats on being an almost locked sista! That goo is probably general build up and trapped dirt in the air etc, I find Aveda Brilliant shampoo very good but it costs about £10 so if you find something cheaper all the better

Denny

Anonymous said...

Hi Khandi,

I haven't been by your page in a while. Your locks are looking good. I had a similar issue and I think it's just your scalp telling you it's time to wash maybe even do some heavy duty clarifying. I did a similar one on my daughter last week where in addition to the clarifying shampoo which I let sit on for about an hour I did an undiluted ACV for 45 mins and followed up with a conditioner and a LOT of rinsing. So far so good. Something else I did recently on my own scalp was a sugar scrub and I did that by adding it to my conditioner. You have to play around and find what works for you though.

P.S. I also wanted to tag you too!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your hair is so thick and full. It's very pretty. I hope you enjoy blogging because you've been tagged... check out my blog for details.

kishaslockjourney.blogspot.com

Kisha said...

Hi, your locks are coming along nicely. I can't wait until I reach my 6 month locaversary. I still have 5 more to go.

I hope you enjoy blogging because you've been tagged... check out my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

I too think your scalp could just do with a good wash. I found it really hard to get my scalp really clean in the early days as I had to be carefull so as not to unravel my locs. The fantasia tea shampoo is really good. you can get it in the UK and it`s cheap. I also used the suave childrens shampoo when I was abroad and that was great too.

SeZ said...

Has this happened again sense changing shampoos?

Khandi said...

I havent actually washed my hair again since. It has never happened before and its the shampoo i always use. It didnt look like dirt but maybe it was just a build up and my scalp needs a good cleaning. I will see next time i wash it

Anonymous said...

Its the shampoo. I have used the same shampoo you used, and have the same result. I have washed my hair 3 times since, and it still lingers on a few of my locs.

Anonymous said...

The goo was sebum. Everyone's scalp produces it.