Wednesday 5 November 2008

Bantu Knot Out

Last Sat i created a bantu knot out and i thought i would share it with my blogging family.

I washed my hair the Friday morning. I used IC pure tea shampoo for the first wash followed by IC Aloe shampoo for the second. The Aloe shampoo is something i have started using recently & i do like it. I the conditioned with the JML protein conditioner. My hair felt soft, however i have noticed that my scalp is drier than it used to be. I don't know if it's the shampoo or something else. I use oil on my scalp, usually JML cactus oil or olive oil. I spray my hair with water mixed with cactus oil (not every day) & sometimes rub some of the JML island oil on my locs. It should be moisturised, so i don't know. I do need more water in my diet, maybe that is it (but that is a whole other story, read my other blog if you want some info). After i washed my hair i had to pop out to docs, i had food poisoning and had to leave a stool sample (that is the weirdest thing i've ever done). It's cleared up now so i'm happy about that, lasted a week. Anyway i digress, when i got back from the docs i sprayed my hair with setting lotion and set about puttin the bantu knots in.

I took the bantu knots out on Saturday morning and i was like WOW look at the curls. I LOVED it. I simply wore a headband. The next day i noticed that the curls had dropped a lot. I was disappointed because i'd used the setting lotion i thought the curls would have lasted longer. I don't know if not having my hair net contributed to it. I got my friend to put some cane rows in the front for me. One thing i can't do is plait not matter how much i try. I did do flat twists but i wanted to try cane rows in the hope it will last longer and look neater. Unfortunately i think she did them too tight as my scalp was sore so I had to take them out Tues.

Not much news on my locs, they jus doing their thang. I'm 14 months locked now, time is flying by. I re-tighten every 3-4 weeks. I was wondering if locs can slip at the roots as a few of mine seem loose after i wash it & i know it's not re-growth.

Instead of putting loose pics i've added a slideshow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

looking good!! Yes, I'm pretty sure locks can slip at the roots. It just means that either the pattern is sliding off at the ends, or there is some part of your locks bunching.

I wish i could do corn rows, too!!

Naturally Sophia said...

I think bantu knots give me the best curls. You could braid them and then bantu them to give a curly/crinkled look. But it takes hours to take down.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

The Bantu curls came out really nice, I think even wereing the Bantu Knots as a style looks good on you!
Take Care

Unknown said...

Hi Khandi,
It's been a while since I'm been stalking the blogs and the wonderful women who write them. I just wanted to stop by and say that your locs are looking great. Awesome look from the Bantu Knots!
Be well and take care!

Unknown said...

Your locs are gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous knot out!