Friday 13 February 2009

Scary Experience

Today i washed my hair. Once a month I do a clarifying wash. I recently purchased Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying shampoo, which i used. I also purchased Avalon Organics Lavender Nourshing Conditioner, which I used a healthy dose of. I was doing some stuff and I actually left the conditioner on for about an hour. I washed it out as normal, i make sure i rinse well. I was sectionning my hair to put in perm rods when i noticed some white stuff. I thought oh i've missed a bit not like me so i went back to rinse again. But when i was scratching my scalp loads of white stuff was coming off and no matter what I did it didn't seem to rinse out. In the end i did another clarifying wash using my normal shampoo and baking soda and that seemed to get rid of it.

It's strange as this has never happened to me before, so i got a bit scared. I'm not sure exactly what it was but i'm guessing it was the conditioner.
  1. I've never used the Avalon range before
  2. I used quite a bit of conditioner i made sure my hair was covered.
  3. I don't usually mix my products with water. I used dilute the shampoo but never the conditioner and i've never had any problems before. I do not know if the Avalon Conditioner was too thick
Has this happened to anyone else before?? Does anyone else the Avalon range and how have you found it?? Do you think i left the conditioner on too long as it's the longest i've done it??

The good thing is that the clarifying wash got rid of it, just meant that my locs didn't get a conditioner.

2 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

It probably was the conditioner, I have never used the Avalon's conditioner but have used the shampoo that you mentioned. I believe I have experienced what you've mentioned in this post with some conditioner I used in the past, maybe it was to thick. Maybe next time dilute it and see what happens.

Take Care

Anonymous said...

Yes definitely the conditioner, its best to dilute anything that is not clear. I know what you mean about avoiding SLS shampoo. I'm going to try that route once my present shampoo stock is finished, spent too much to give it away (using Aveda Brilliant got a large shampoo bottle in Virginia, costs £30 here but only $30 in the US so thats where I bought it)

Denny