Sunday 21 October 2007

I lost a loc already :(

One of my locs has dropped off Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I was soo sad when it broke off. As my locs are not mature i didnt think that it could break off but it seems like it can.



After i washed my hair on Friday i noticed one of my locs had slipped and had what appeared to be a knot on the end (see pic below). I didnt think much of it and i just thought that Liz would jus retighten the loc at my next appt


But yday when i was at church the end just fell off. And i know that ppl would think that i must have been pulling it but honestly I wasnt. Upon closer inspection it looks like what i thought was the knot was dirt matted in the hair. Why its there i dunno as i have washed it. Maybe its cos i cant do i really good scrub. I don't really know. The pic below is the part that came off.


Below is a pic of what is left after the end dropped off. I spoke to Liz and she said that it happens, locs can drop off and not to stress it. I just wasnt expectin it this early in the game


This last pic is jus the top of my locs. I tried to get a good texture shot but it didnt quite work out. My locs seem bumpy. Hope it is all jus the natural process of my loc journey. I am 2 months locs so i dunno if the bumpiness is the beginning of the locs forming ie buds. I dont know what they look like. I try not to stress it too much

7 comments:

Lakia said...

Sorry for your lost...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you lost a loc today. Look at it this way, it decided to make way for a better stronger lock to take its place. Thanx for the comment on my flickr page.
Liontess24

Anonymous said...

I had one that fell out quite early on. Mine are traditional locs so were larger than yours. Mine was at the hair line. There are so many of them that 1 won`t make much of a difference. I did feel quite sad though! Just had to have another one combined as it was getting thin.

Anonymous said...

Oh Khandi, I'm so sorry. I cut a big chunk of one of mine the other day. I felt just like you did, maybe even a little worse. It will get better. OOOHugsOOO

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss but on the bright side, the whole lock didn't fall off.

My locks are a little over a year old and they aren't all uniform. Some look even, some are lumpy, some are bigger than others and some are alot smaller than others but I thought that's how everyone's locks were...hhhmmm...

I think as they mature they become more uniform and that could take some time depending on your hair type.

By the way you have some very nice locks!!!!!

Amba said...

Hi Khandi...
Oh sorry about that naughty lost lock. Know how you feel. But on the bright side the whole lock didn't fall off and you'll be surprised at how your hair will continue to grow despite that. I must have had at least 20 locks fall off about a year ago.(I think it was a hormonal thing which started about 6 months after my last baby was born.) I was in agonies. But there's still plenty of hair left on my head. Watch your washing technique as well. Be gentle.... Best Amba

Unknown said...

Oh poo. On a brighter note, maybe the lock didn't break off, per se. There is a lot of dead hair intertwined in a lock, so maybe since your ends aren't sealed yet, the dead hair slipped out. Dunno, I'm looking for the bright side here. It's happened to me before.

Your texture looks very similar to mine. Have you read of the growng pains i've had?? Or seen a close up of my hair texture? no? Well, here ya go!

http://sunsail.blogspot.com/2007/04/oy.html

I often look back at this pic and wonder: locks?? What locks??? :)

You can also click on the label "pictures" to see my progression through the year. Hang in there, you are doing just fine!