Wednesday 7 November 2007

2nd Re-Tight Updates

Well i don’t know where to start with this update, as there have been things that I wanted to post but I have been too lazy to post, as I knew I would be doing a post after my 2nd re-tightening.

Ok I will start with my worry. I thought that some of my locs were looking lumpy and bumpy. Some of them to me seemed to have 3 parts. A lump where the re-growth ended and the loc started, a lump where the loc ended at the installation and a lump where the curly qs started. I tried to take pics to show what I am talking about but they haven’t come out very clear, but you can see them below to get an idea. Also it seemed to me that my hair was shrinking and comin out of the pattern at the side of the locs, its hard to describe exactly what I mean and of course u can’t tell in the pics. Anyway at my 2nd re-tightening (06:11:07 or for the Americans 11:06:07 (you do your day and month the other way round to us Brits), Liz said that everything was fine, my hair was doing exactly what it is meant to be doin. I also had one loc that had a hole in it, and that worried me as well. Anyway I know that I am prone to worry and I knew Liz would say that everything is fine. I have noticed however that some of the locs seem to curl up near the root and seem to form a knot, but it I pull it the knot comes out. And no I do not think these are buds as they wouldn’t come out. Too me it seems that my hair is coming out. I think that my hair is just mad. Don't get me wrong i know things are fine i am jus sharing some of my worries which were laid to rest when i saw my consultant.


Below are pics I took before and after the re-tightening. The ones on the left of the sets were taken after i had washed my hair before the re-tightening. The ones on the right were taken after the re-tight

My second wash was fine. I had read on LIU that someone does not braid their hair but two-strands it and then band. I do not know how mature their locs are but I thought I would give it ago. There did not seem to be any probs with me doin this and it is soooo much quicker than braiding. Although I do find the whole process tedious but I understand that it’s necessary. I brought Fantasia IC 100% tea shampoo (whose smell I love) as I wanted a clarifying shampoo. I was not certain if I could use it for two washes as it did not say on the bottle and most say rinse and repeat. So I used it for the first wash and then I used my SL starter shampoo that I had. I don’t know if its right, but I think the journey is about trial and error and finding out what works for you and your hair so that is what I am doing.

The London Sisterlocks and Natural Hair Meet-up was on Sunday 28:10:07. The meet-up was informal more of information gathering of how ppl would like the meet-ups to go. It was nice to see Michelle (the organiser) and hear her story. It was also nice to see other ppl there with SL. One of the down sides was the restaurant, which we had no control over. On their website the restaurant claims that they are open for business from 3pm, which is the time we booked for. But when we got there the shutters were down. Michelle had arrived about 15 mins earlier and was only able to get in bcos someone was there on other business. Apparently it was a mess and she had to clean up. The owner didn’t come until after 5 and I had to wait til after 6:30 to get my food. I can tell you I was not impressed. Esp as you know you are going out to a restaurant you don’t eat as you are expecting to eat and you don’t want two meals. That aside on the whole it was nice. I did take my cam, but ended up not takin pics bcos there was a photographer there. Michelle promised that she will send me the pics so when she does I will update my blog.


The pics below are a comparison of the day my locs were installed (on left) with my 2nd re-tight (right). I know its a little early for compariosn but i wanted to do it

1 comment:

Lakia said...

Can't wait to see the pics from the gathering.