Friday 23 November 2007

Bantu knots

Well i was inspired by Sunsil's pic so i thought i would try Bantu knots in my hair. Yes i know i am being naughty as i shudnt really be styling my hair til its settled but i am being a rebel. Anyway since tryin the styles i am loving my hair more. I wont do it too often i am jus trying for now. I wasnt plannin of doin the bantu knots, but yday i was jus sat watchin tv and i thought why not try it so i did. I jus spritzed each one with water, so i dont know how long it will hold. I am not using products on my hair. When i do i will tryin it with sommit to hold it. Also if i had planned it i would have done it in the morning so i could leave the knots in longer. But it still seemed to work ok. The only thing is that bcos i wasnt sure which direction to twist the hair, some of the curls go up instead of down, but i dont think it looks too bad. Infact my supervisor said my hair looked lovely.

The pics below were taken after i tried to tame the curls and do some styling. I also went to the shops and brought some handbands. I love this one but i now realise that its too tight so it hurts and was givin me headaches :(




I have also managed to get some pipe cleaners, so when i try that i will post some pics

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yaaaaaay!!! Beeeyooo-tiful!! I am probably your biggest fan; I know what you're going through!! Personally, I don't think that the direction you curl the knots in matters; I never noticed. It just looked like a mass or really tight, pretty curls to me. But, then again, I am an un-hair diva, so what do i know....

I never (and still don't) use products when i did the knots, either. I didn't dare, and i didn't think it was necessary. As long as they're totally dry, the will last at least a week.

Again, you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you feeling your locs. That style looks really good and suits you.

Anonymous said...

I`m really glad you feeling your locs now, that style is really cute and suits you.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks nice, Very Nice! :)

the "lumps" in the hair is part of the locking process, and all locks will go through the lumps/fuzzy stage, even tiny ones.
I'm in the middle of taking down my 8.7 years locks, and I'm now thinking of starting a new set. ;)
Feel free to ask me questions.
I've been there, done that!

Take care~